Reaffirmation provides an opportunity for Kennesaw State University (KSU) to develop a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP), which is an opportunity to review and enhance one or more areas of focus for student learning. The plan ultimately demonstrates, in part, KSU’s commitment to continuous improvement across the institution. Engaging in Transformative Learning is the selected proposal for our 2018 pilot and will focus on Transformational Learning and High Impact Practices. This plan provides an opportunity for students to engage in multiple High Impact courses, which will include an active or experiential component of learning as well as individual reflections. The goal is for students to be transformed and this will be demonstrated through a summative reflection on their overall experience at KSU and within the High Impact courses.
In January 2018, select students who have participated in multiple courses aligning with the QEP framework will be asked to participate in a pilot, testing the summative reflection prompt and rubric. These students will be given the opportunity to develop the summative reflection and have it evaluated by the QEP pilot committee. Their feedback on the process and tools will be collected and utilized to improve the experience and tools.
In Fall 2018 KSU will also begin reviewing select courses and faculty which align with the established framework. These faculty will be asked to attend a Course Enhancement Training at the end of Fall 2018 and utilize the enhanced framework in their courses. The course sections will also receive an attribute within the scheduling system, to allow students to search and choose courses that are considered high impact practices. This portion of the pilot will allow KSU to test the course enhancement training as well as the attributes within the scheduling system.
- Invitation sent to selected students
- Information Meeting
- February 20, 2018, 10:00-11:00 Marietta Student Center A216
- February 21, 2018, 5:00 - 6:00 Kennesaw Student Center ST205
- Student Reflections due on March 16, 2018
- Student Focus Group meetings will be held the week of March 19, 2018
- Reflection training and norming session on April 13, 2018
- Information gathered from the evaluations and focus group will be provided to the QEP Committee at a Stage Gate on May 1, 2018
- Course evaluation and request process will be announced to the university.
- A university committee will begin evaluating the course requests
- Training will be provided by CETL for course enhancements
- Utilize attribute in Banner to designate HIP courses
- Courses utilizing enhanced High Impact Practice framework will be taught